January 08, 2017

New Week, New Layout

This past week I did some research online into layouts. Basically, I visited blogs and websites I love and took note of their design, what works and what is confusing, and compiled a list of things I wanted to try out here. I am updating pages to be cleaner with better appearance on the mobile platform.

I added week two of my Year of the Quilter. I want to be more productive this week but know that my time is limited to what my kids permit. I read somewhere that setting productivity goals can be a creative impediment to some people and it made me wonder if I am one of those types. With an open maker schedule I can feel free to create at my leisure. Whether it's a dozen blocks of a quilt or a few rows of knitting, allowing myself the chance to enjoy the process again is a new element of making I want to add to my creative personality.



Finally, this week I have begun working on a small project that makes my heart beat a little faster. I am combining stickers and sudoku and quilting. Sound interesting to anyone? Give me a little time here and there and I'll have a completed concept to show you all soon.

Cheers!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment