August 29, 2014

Have a Happy Labor Day

It has been one of those weeks when the anticipation of a long weekend seems to have worked against me and my little boy. We are exhausted after his third full week of school and ready for a little time home with my husband relaxing and not needing to do anything.

This week has been about finishing my Kitty Mini Quilt and the Sew Together Bag that will hold all the other goodies I'm sending to my partner. After this I am not doing any more swaps for 2014. I have a monthly subscription for the new Moda Basic Building Blocks quilt and want to devote more time to projects I should finish by the end of the year. I think my 2014 UFO October list will include a certain t-shirt quilt, a couple of kits that just need to be pieced, and at least two knitting items.

I am still mulling over the surface pattern design I want to create using what I learned two weeks back in Bonnie Christine's class on CreativeLive. See my previous post for links and more information but mostly I am probably a little too unfocused to actually commit to design even six prints right now but I still want to try.

Finally, I'll make this short and sweet ending with this yarn I dyed last weekend. I was working on a blanket I have had in my basket for months now and decided I wanted something with fall colors and in a fingering weight yarn so I could make a shawlette to wear when the weather starts to turn cold. Since I don't belive we are too far away from our first snowfall I want to have something fun and custom to be able to whip on in a second. I also ordered yarn for a more ambitious project that I will start probably in a month or so that will be for when the real cold comes in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment